Dear Prospective Volunteer,
Thank you for inquiring about the Northside Hospital Cherokee Volunteer Program. We are proud of the volunteer services here at Northside Cherokee. We offer volunteer opportunities in a variety of settings. If accepted into our volunteer program, you
will be joining scores of individuals, of all ages and backgrounds, who are dedicated to giving back to our hospital and community, and ensuring we achieve our vision of delivering world-class healthcare.
It is the goal of the Department of Volunteer Services to support the patients and staff within Northside Hospital Cherokee. Volunteers play an important role in many different departments and have varying responsibilities. Most volunteer openings are
Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Some opportunities exist on weekends and evenings, although these are quite limited. Volunteers are asked to commit at least one four-hour shift, each week, for a minimum of one year and 100 hours.
We are certain Northside Hospital Cherokee has the ideal volunteer opportunity for you. The following steps are required to volunteer at Northside Cherokee
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Complete the online volunteer application
- Download, print and submit the Authorization and Consent for Release of Information documents from First Advantage.
You will need to return these signed documents to the Department of Volunteer Services via mail - Northside Hospital Cherokee, Volunteer Services, 450 Northside Cherokee Blvd. Canton, Ga 30115, or dropping them off at our hospital gift shop; email
- (Lori. Campbell@ Northside.com) or by dropping them off at the hospital gift shop.
- Submit the application fee. This fee covers your First Advantage background check, your Employee Health - TB skin tests and your volunteer uniform top. Application fee is $ 40.00. If you are 60 years of age and older your application fee is $ 30.00.
Cash or checks are accepted. Checks should be made payable to Northside Cherokee Auxiliary.
- It is suggested you submit both your authorization forms and application fee together either by mailing them to - Northside Hospital Cherokee, Volunteer Services, 450 Northside Cherokee Blvd. Canton, Ga 30115, or dropping them off at our hospital
- Once the completed application, the Authorization and Consent for Release of Information documents and the application fees are received, Volunteer Services will submit for your background check. Once the background check is complete, you will receive
an email from Volunteer Service about scheduling your volunteer interview. This interview allows us to explain the remaining process and determine your areas of interest and appropriate volunteer placement and discuss volunteer orientation.
- You will be required to be seen and cleared by our Employee Health Department. An initial TB screening will be performed. This must be done prior to attending orientation. An annual flu shot is also required and can be performed by Employee Health
free of charge for volunteers.
We are excited to help you through the process to become a volunteer and look forward to meeting you soon.
Again, thank you for your interest in the NHC Volunteer Program. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Volunteer Services Manager
Northside Hospital Cherokee